- About Us
Corbwell Design is a progressive multi discipline practice. Established in County Galway in 2007. It is our aim to provide a fully comprehensive Architectural Design, Civil and Structural Engineering service for our clientele. We focus on providing our clients with bespoke designs whilst also considering important aspects of building including budget, sustainability, ergonomics, aesthetics & context of a building.
We believe that a building should be built in accordance with examining the location, context and history of a site. We are dedicated to produce robust and sustainable buildings which perform and respond within a constantly changing environment and climate.
Currently we design our buildings to a passive standard which influence the buildings shape, form, sitting and orientation. We aim to maximize buildings efficiency and minimise its carbon footprint with the use of good construction which we can specify for our clients to contribute to the creation of a fully passive building.
We provide exceptional service to our customers for all projects undertaken from inception to completion. Our collective knowledge is one of Corbwell's greatest assets, especially when it is allied to creativity. What we know and learn from our projects benefits the entire organization. Ensuring that data, information, good ideas, lessons learned and best practice is disseminated throughout the office is key to efficiency and providing a quality service to our clients.
Corbwell senior personnel have many years experience in Architectural Project Management, Civil and Structural Engineering, Consultancy field. Collectively they have been involved in all aspects of the industry, incorporating educational buildings, industrial/manufacturing facilities, retail units & retail parks, hotel & leisure centre complexes, offices & commercial units, large residential projects and bespoke one off houses. We have the unique insight into the link between design and construction phases of a project and it is this unique experience that provides the client with an unparalleled level of professional service.
Scope of Works Include:
- Preparation of initial brief the with client and design team.
- Production of scheme design for approval.
- Planning Applications
- Fire Safety certificates
- Full Civil & Structural Design & Consultancy
- Production of feasibility studies and surveys where required.
- Attendances at design team meetings.
- Production of detailed design for tender and Construction
- Preparation of tender drawings and contract documents.
- Procurement of tenders from agreed list of contractors.
- Analysis of tenders and preparation of report and recommendation.
- Attendance at construction site meetings.
- Preparation of interim sub-contract evaluations and payment recommendations.
- Final inspection of works and preparation of snag lists.
- Approval of final accounts with sub-contractors.
- Inspection of site works for mortgage purposes/stage payments.
- Inspection of site works for Certification in Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations.
- Assigned Certification in Compliance with new Planning and Building Regulations.
- Design Certification in Compliance with new Planning and Building Regulations.
- Topographical surveys
- EPA site suitability assessments for septic tanks and treatment systems.
- Building Energy Ratings in adherence to the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive for homes.
- Land Registry scheme maps and transfer maps.
- Structural surveys
- Snag lists
- Declarations of Identity
- Fully Indemnified
Corbwell Design - Architectural Engineering & Design
Suite 1 | Unit 17 | Claregalway Corporate Park | Galway
Tel: LO-CALL 0818 332200 Fax: 091 9011374 Email: email@example.com